life between the pages

“I spent my life folded between the pages of books.
In the absence of human relationships I formed bonds with paper characters. I lived love and loss through stories threaded in history; I experienced adolescence by association. My world is one interwoven web of words, stringing limb to limb, bone to sinew, thoughts and images all together. I am a being comprised of letters, a character created by sentences, a figment of imagination formed through fiction.”
Tahereh Mafi, Shatter Me

Saturday, June 25, 2005

the open road



Image copyright 2005 by Susannah B. Smith


on the way to badger's house...
my husband tells me that there are no badgers east of the mississippi, and they are mean & nasty creatures to boot. so i feel the need to clarify: moley & ratty are just ahead and if we scurry, we can catch up to them and have a lovely tromp thru the wild wood...

3 comments:

Madcap said...

This is an absolutely gorgeous photograph. A green road leading to endless possibilities... Nice site!

Madcap said...

Forgot to add, it was more impressive yesterday when it took up half the page! What happened?

susannah eanes said...

I accidentally re-sized it too small. I'll go back & fix it as soon as I can --will have to re-load the original from the home server which I don't have access to right now. Thanks for your comments!