life between the pages

“I spent my life folded between the pages of books.
In the absence of human relationships I formed bonds with paper characters. I lived love and loss through stories threaded in history; I experienced adolescence by association. My world is one interwoven web of words, stringing limb to limb, bone to sinew, thoughts and images all together. I am a being comprised of letters, a character created by sentences, a figment of imagination formed through fiction.”
Tahereh Mafi, Shatter Me

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

late and overbooked

it is the wee hour and i should be abed... however, as is my habit anymore, it is late and i am overbooked. i am going to bed soon anyway. no utter musings tonite, i will be up too early tomorrow morning to be able to give the energy now to form any sort of cogent ramblings. my brain so full of things to do, to think, to say, to ponder. my list so long. had been several days since i opened this and thought it worthwhile to at least touch base again. leaving the light on, so to speak.

unfamiliar as i am with this venue, i have been reading thru several weblogs of those who were here before me. how profound some of them are. being such a private person i cannot even explain fully why i am writing here. i know some who would think it imprudent, ill-advised, at the very least undesirable. however, i have met some of the nicest people online, even going back into the 1990s, some of my best and truest friendships were formed thru email lists. this type of forum wasn't even around then, so i hold out for some future friendships, much as was hinted by the friend who wrote the first comment in my "book." that, and i do write better than i speak. communication is something with which i struggle, either assuming a dialogue formed by rote that rolls off my tongue without thinking, or stammering out phrases that are half-caught in my throat. either way it's painful, and less useful than annoying.

ta. i am off to bed, before it rains again. the drumming helps me to sleep. i will write again sooner than later. but meanwhile, if i do not, i am reading someone else's words.

No comments: